Welcome to the new website for Photogen Inc.! I am super excited for this new space and wanted to share some thoughts about this process and our new look!
- The Photogen Inc. brand is officially entering our eleventh year of business and I felt it was time to ask myself the question again: Why do I love photographing weddings and what inspires me the most?
The answer was simple - it all comes down to moment. I love documenting this day in our client's lives and I especially am inspired by the moments that we capture that we couldn't possibly plan for. The first image you see when coming to the new site is of Maddie and Ben. They had just walked down the aisle and were taking a minute with each other before heading out to celebrate with all of their guests. I am obsessed with this image. I love how badass it feels, how naturally cool it is and how real this moment was for the couple.
- As technology advances each year, I want to make sure and bring you a website that is both current and functional! Over the course of last year, I moved all of our sites to the Squarespace platform and I couldn't be happier with this decision! You will find that the new site is more responsive and mobile friendly - as well as image based, which helps us share the work more easily. You can check out all of our sites here:
- We stripped it down. When I look through a lot of websites in the wedding industry, I get overwhelmed with the amount of 'fluff' that there is. I wanted to get back to the basics and just focus on the work. We have been fortunate to have the best clients over the years who have absolutely stunning weddings. My portfolios could easily be around 100 images, but I was challenged to narrow it down to 25 images per gallery and I feel like this is SO refreshing and highlights the work better! I wanted to make a site that connects with our perfect client, not to please the masses. I think we definitely achieved this.
- I am personally most inspired when photographing weddings that are in a new spaces. Whether that is in Minneapolis area or across the world - I love to travel and experience a new place for the first time. You will notice that all of the wedding galleries are organized by different locations around the world to highlight some of our favorite places.
- One of the the most common questions I am asked by couples is "When should we do our engagement photos?" You can have them photographed at any time of the year, so we arranged our Engagement portfolios to reflect the different seasons and show the possibilities for each time of the year!
- You better believe our blog will still be a hot spot for recent wedding work! After each wedding, I will be sharing highlights of the day! Also make sure to follow along with us on Instagram @photogen_inc and on Facebook to see the latest and greatest!
- Lastly, I want to say thank you to my incredible team and friends who help me on the daily. We have a LOT happening over here and I love every minute of it. However, I couldn't do it all with out the support system I have. I specifically want to thank Sara, Loop, Melissa, Liz, Josh and Jonny for challenging me with critique and technically helping me set up all of these sites in the last year!
I hope you enjoy the new site! We are about to kick off the 2016 wedding season and I could not be more excited!